St Joe's Blog

St Joe's Blog

Sunday 7 October 2012

Descriptive story writing

Y5C have been working on descriptive story writing in Literacy.  We looked at panoramic photos of New York and thought about what it would be like to be there.  The children were then asked to write a story about being in New York, during which they find a bag of money on the subway train.  The children produced some fantastic descriptions.




Walking through the neon lit streets of New York, I took out my Cannon DLSR.  The tall buildings made me feel dizzy when I looked up.  I felt like I was in a jungle made of glass and concrete.  There were thousands of people walking on the streets.  The American flag waved in the cool breeze.  The smell of KFC tempted me to go in, but I had no time.
  By Oliver

Peering through my shades, I saw New York City. Wow I thought in my mind, while eating a freshly made warm bagel.  The neon lighting posters flashed and lit up like Santa's grotto and the tall skyscrapers were like giants. 
By Alfie

As I make my way through the tourists, I could see lots of stars and stripes taking over the streets.  I turned around and saw the New York Stock Exchange! I glared inside it and smelt money reaching out for me 
By Charlotte

Winding my window up I could see skyscrapers that looked like giants towering above me.  I could hear taxi drivers yelling at each other like cats and dogs.  They spat out of the window and cursed.  By Izza



As I sat down, a little nine year old girl started tapping the metal bar in front of her, like she was serving a prison sentence. I started to get extremely angry.  Just as the doors were about to close a man who was dressed head to toe in black jumped on to the train. 
By Jordan

No comments: