St Joe's Blog

St Joe's Blog

Wednesday 9 December 2009

During RE, Y5/6P wrote out their Christmas wish lists. The children were then given the task of writing a Christmas list for a child in one of the poorer areas of a country visited during our 'Round the World' topic. This gave the class much food for thought.

Some items from class lists
Nintendo wii
Games for PSP
Arsenal shirt
money
football boots
hamster
sweets
Some wishes for a street child
Enough to eat
A home
A family
Water
Clothes
Somewhere safe to sleep
love


Having completed the lists, the class were asked to write down their thoughts.

"I looked the the lists and felt sad"
"I looked at both lists and I feel embarrassed"
"I have looked at both lists and it makes me feel guilty"
"I have looked at the lists and it makes me feel unhappy"


Christmas is not about presents, it is about the love and joy we spread. We are annoyed when we don't get what we want but we never think about what we need. People who live on the street have one wish and that wish is to be like us. Our families are all we really need; simple donations may help a family have a meal at Christmas. The gift of love from God is greater than any present in the world. A gift to a greedy person means nothing, but a gift to a grateful person means the world. God sent his child to earth to rescue us and where the child was born there wasn't a feast or presents but there was love.
Leigh.

The greatest gifts are: Holy Spirit, forgiveness, friendship and families together. At Christmas they don't have Jesus but they have santas and reindeers. I heard a poem related to this-
Where is life? Lost in living
Where is knowledge? Lost in information.
Where is wisdom? Lost in knowledge.
Where is Jesus? Lost in Christmas.
People on the street have only one wish; that wish is to be more like us. May everyone less fortunate be happier... and they still have hope and Jesus in their hearts.
Kevin

My thoughts about Christmas, I would like everyone to be happy and not to have killing and for everyone to get a present. I would like lonely people not to be lonely. I would like everyone to be friends.
Mateusz.

I think everyone needs a home and family. If I saw a shooting star, I would wish for everyone to be happy and have somewhere to spend Christmas...

Care for the people
Have fun with each other
Remember
In every country there's hope
Stars shine
Together we are united
Make peolpe happy
All nations rejoice in Jesus
Sadness, nowhere to be seen.
James

No comments: