St Joe's Blog

St Joe's Blog

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Monster poems

Y5/6C have been working on Monster poetry.

Monsters! By Rachel

Lots of teeth all like knives,
Spooky ghosts and vampire brides,
Partying in your shed,
Waiting, waiting, under your bed,
Squelching, scratching, screeching, scoffing,
Spluttering, screaming in a coffin,
Ugly fleshy lots of eyes,
Catch one and you'll get a prize


My new pet monster! By Rachel
My new pet monster is quite quiet,
But yesterday he caused a riot,
He ate all the M&Ms,
And stole my mum's favourite gems!


Did you see that monster? By Kamal
Did you see that monster in the swimming pool?
I think he supports Liverpool
Did you see that monster in the park?
It looked like an aardvark
Did you see that monster in the Zoo?
I think he was crying - Boo hoo!
Did you see that monster in the shop?
I think he was buying a lollipop
Did you see the monster in the street?
I couldn't believe his enormous feet
Did you see the monster having something to eat?
I think it was having a special treat
Did you see the monster singing a song?
I hope this doesn't go on too long!
Did you see the monster when he was ill?
I think the doctor gave him a massive pill
Did you see the monster playing football?
I think he looked rather tall

A monster rap by Dean, Rashid & Oliver

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What fabulous poetry! They have great rhymes and descriptions and were fun to read. There would definitely be a riot in my house if someone ate all the M&Ms!
Loved the rapping, very catchy!
Well done poets of St Joe's!

Maureen Tuohy