St Joe's Blog

St Joe's Blog

Wednesday 25 June 2008

A walk in the park

Today the infants all went down to Vassalls Park to do some learning out of the classroom. The year 1/2 classes are investigating habitats in science at the moment and so the children recorded in a tally chart all the animals they could find by the stream. There were snails, slugs, caterpillars, beetles and even some ducks! The children are going to compare their results with a survey they have already done in the playground to see how the different habitats are different.

All the investigating made the children hungry. It was great to see the children eating such healthy lunches. Well done kids! While we were eating, we had a surprise visit from Miss O'Toole. She brought her children Laurie and Alexia to say hello to the children.

After lunch Y1/2F and Y1/2S set to work again. This time the classes searched for natural objects to create large pictures. Mrs Ford's class created a tree and Mr Sherwin's created a spider. After we had taken the photos, the natural objects were taken back to where they had been found.

There was fun and games in the play area in the afternoon. All the children played nicely with each other on the equipment. There was lots to play with.

Finally, we walked back to school wearing our high visibility jackets so that cars could see us and slow down.

Well done children for your wonderful behaviour on the trip and a big thank you to all the parents who came and helped us on this trip. We really appreciate your help!

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learned lots about the animals that live in that habitat. I really enjoyed my healthy lunch.
By Mr Sherwin

Anonymous said...

yaster day I went to vasles park we learned about animles in siense we also seen a bit of orenge guo we fout it was from the deimen but it was from the tree


by Bridie

Anonymous said...

It was very good at vassells,
we had lot's of fun there to
are packlunches wher lush.
By isaac.

Anonymous said...

At vassalls park we had a lot of fun.Righting down the animails.

Anonymous said...

i loved it at vasles park
it was fun but tiering
we saw lots of flyes

Anonymous said...

I learned a lot about habbitats we even went to the stream.I was there too!!! by leyahn.

Anonymous said...

I learned that different animals lived in different areas.By Emily.

Anonymous said...

Brilant i bet it was fun. I lrnt abat all crechres.We sall mis otall and elexa and lorryand they wer cuot. And we went in the park by Erin brooks

Anonymous said...

I learned at Vassalls park that habbitats are in diffrent kinds of places
Lauren Helm

Anonymous said...

miss o toole brought in lry and
lexy. by anique.

Anonymous said...

I had a great time at vassalls park espesiy when we went in the woods and made dens.My Mum came to help as well.Just Then we saw some stuff on the tree we thought it was from the lost traveller but it was sap.

by Ruby webber

Anonymous said...

I learned that ther are more grasshppers in Vassalls than the playground.
By Niamh

Anonymous said...

it wasunt nis walking hom . it was raning. and wen wen we got hom we had sun brns rachel.

Anonymous said...

I loved the trip we saw lots of fly's and we had a healfy lunch and i saw slimy stuff on the tree and we thought it was from the demon but it was a bit of the tree. when we got there it was rianning so Ruby webber was a demon and chast us under trees. it was fun and louise boniface was bace for the game. By Eve boniface

Anonymous said...

In vassaiis ther was lots of animol
lots of animols lived in the pond
by Iwan.

Anonymous said...

We really liked our trip to Vassalls park. We had fun making the spider and playing football.
by Eddy and Hamze.

Anonymous said...

I lirnt that you can not get some
insecks that you can get mor.

Anonymous said...

I lrnd los of thing abat litl amlz and i had a wodfl tim at vassallspark i wuz sow tiyrd i cud
wlc. by amelianya

Anonymous said...

It wus Fun I Lit the slid down and the sand
by Alvin

Anonymous said...

I learned that difrant anmls lived there Irile enjoyed it.
By Grace

Anonymous said...

it was fun in the park I loved it in vassels park. rachel

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there.Can I come next time you go? pleeeeeeeease I will
be good.

from yasmin

Anonymous said...

Miron lefed his lunch box
By Sean & Miron

Anonymous said...

When we got back from vasels park
we were so tierd and strest out.
by Alya and Paige

Anonymous said...

Wow they had a prefect time I wish I was there.

Anonymous said...

I had a fantastic time in vassalls park .It was brilliant .I loved looking at the creatures .My favourite was playing with my best friends Hannah ,Pola and my mummy.by Lea.s

Anonymous said...

i wish i was there because they got to play but we did not get to play but we spotted a mysterious traveler by jo'se

Anonymous said...

It was fun we all loved the walk down it was nice and warm out side and it was good to get some breece in our faces now we looked for flys I found to many and I couldn't count all of them so I put a ? for the bit were we had to put how many were there? so it was fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now we are walking back and all of us said "that was fun" by Eve.b