St Joe's Blog

St Joe's Blog

Friday 27 February 2009

Fairground descriptions

Children in year 5 & 6 have been looking at fairs and fairgrounds, as part of their project called The Apprentices. In Literacy the children have been producing some fantastic descriptive writing on the subject of fairs. Below is a section from some examples.

Skipping through the fair entrance, I can see the vivid flashing lights of the huge Ferris wheel. Screams and laughs echoing everywhere. Stalls set up with fun games and people selling their wares. "Helter Skelter!" I shouted. My favourite ride of all.

By Bradley Yates


Strolling through the fair, the smell of juicy hot dog crept up my nose. I was waiting in the line for so long, watching the vivid lights. It was finally my turn to go on the ride.

I was getting strapped on, but butterflies were in my stomach. I decided that I wanted to get off, but before I even started to get up, the ride had already started. This ride was called Freddy's Revenge! It spins you around like your getting sucked in a vortex. I felt like I was going to be sick, but I just managed to hold it in. Finally the ride had finished. I felt dizzy and confused. I said to myself I would never go on that ride again.

By Chris Barry


No comments: