St Joe's Blog

St Joe's Blog

Wednesday 22 April 2009

Mr Terry's a Winner!

Hi everyone,
Sorry I can't be with you this week. Some of my colleagues have exams to sit during this week and we are a bit short staffed so I have to stay in the office. I have an exam on Friday on personal taxation!! It just shows that even when you're old you can't get away from exams.
The run went quite well. I didn't run as fast as last year but I still managed to finish the 13miles in under two hours. (1hr 57min 29'). It was hotter in Nice than in Berlin (last year) and I didn't manage to do as much running this year before the event so I expect that is why I was a bit slower.
Nice was very pleasant and the weather generally sunny so I've got some good photos of the area and of the run to show you when I come in. I have attached a few shots to give you an idea.
When I finished my run I was very hot so I went into the sea for a swim. The Mediterranean was not as cold as the English Channel but it wasn't too warm either so it was only a quick dip!
See you all soon. I hope you raised a lot of money for your friends in Ethiopia. They deserve all of your help. I think I have raised about £400 for CLIC so we should get a good contribution for your charity from the Bank.
Very best wishes, Mr. T.
p.s. I'd better do some homework now for my exam!!
pictures attached: before the race; finishing the race (note the difference in expression); cooling my feet; shirt and shoes on Nice beach; after the run. Did you notice my extra shirt badge?

1 comment:

Leslie Lowery said...

Hi, I was just wondering how you created this picture slideshow? Leslie Ysalon