St Joe's Blog

St Joe's Blog

Monday 14 November 2011

Scientific Stories in Year 5

Mrs Patton asked Y5P to write a story about the digestive system using scientific information.

Here is my story -

The Story of a Bite of Burger.

The canines pulled me apart and the molars squeezed me to my death! . As I was chewed I was mixed with that bubbly saliva “bluuu!!” I mumbled. “Nooo” as I went down the black pitch hole in the back. Now I will start my long… “journey!! around the warm body . I started to shiver as I saw a deep drop.

I squeaked at the very top of my voice as I was squished by the tonsils. I’m getting flushed by that bubbly saliva again. FLYING at top speed down the orange oesophagus. BANGG! Into the stomach. “Ouchhh!” I’m stuck in between that full stomach.

Hours Later :

All juicy nutrients have been taken out of me. I’m now in the small intestine it feels like I am on a ghost train it is so windy. “Weeeeee.” I’ve been going down the small intestine for three hours and it is really rough and very bumpy. It is so cramped here,pieces of me are just flying of. BANG! BANG! “Oww eee ouchh!” I wailed as I hit the side of the small intestine.

“Woohoo!” I said as I changed from the small intestine to the spacious large intestine. “Ewwww!” I cried as I was covered in slime “uhhh!” I’ve still got a while before I come out of the slimy large intestine. “Wohoo.” My old shape has gone and my new shape is a…s sausage “Uhhh” I gasped as I rolled around and around the large intestine. I felt sick but I only have a couple of minutes left.

I’ve hit the end of the large intestine. “Yey I’ve came to the end of my journeyyy!” Biong I have just hit the rectum. Boof I’m flying out like a bowling bowl going to hit the skittles so hard…

By Sydney-Kay

I got a head teachers award for this piece of scientific description of the digestive system.

No comments: