St Joe's Blog

St Joe's Blog

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Gala Charity Concert



My report on the Gala Charity Concert at Bristol cathedral

I would like to share my amazing experience at Bristol Cathedral.

On Friday 18th June 2010, Niamh, Lauren, Rachel and I (Lea Scott), went to a charity concert at Bristol Cathedral. We all had a great experience of what a live orchestra sounded like and a famous opera singer called Sir Willard White who sang. His voice was very deep but interesting. We listened to all sorts of different types of songs and music like, folk music, The Planets- Mars, Mercury, Venus and Jupiter. That was very good. And at the start the Gospel Choir from Bristol Cathedral School sang, it was really joyful. I danced a lot to the music and they sang a song that I knew from SingUp called O Waly Waly sung by Willard White. We could not have gone without the help of Mrs Marsh.

In the twenty minute interval we had a drink and looked at the different kinds of instruments and we saw a harpist, she looked like Mrs Mantle!

We had a fantastic night!
By Lea Scott



My report on the Gala Charity Concert at Bristol cathedral

On Friday 18th June, Niamh, Rachel, Lea and I, Lauren went to the Gala Charity Concert at Bristol Cathedral.

We got the chance to go and see a live Orchestra and a famous opera singer called Sir Willard White who sang, his voice was very deep. The Cathedral choir sang He Reigns by Kirk Franklin, which I enjoyed a lot. Then they went on to the Cuban Orchestra. Then Sir Willard White sang: I’ve got plenty of nothing, A woman is a sometime thing, Summertime, Ma curly headed baby, Joe Hill, Old man river, The vagabond, Bright is the ring of words, and O Waly Waly. Then we moved onto the Planets which were: Mars, Mercury, Jupiter and Venus.

But we couldn’t have gone without the help of Mrs Marsh who came too so thank you to her. I had a really good time.

By Lauren Helm

1 comment:

Mrs Marsh said...

The four of you were fantastic company so thank you coming with me. We were complimented many times on the wonderful behaviour of the children and how well they listened and watch. Well done you!