St Joe's Blog

St Joe's Blog

Sunday 30 October 2011

Writing a flashback story

Y5/6C have been writing flashback stories to link with their topic 'Back to the future'. The children produced some fantastic descriptions using figurative language.


As I glared out the shiny car window, rain suddenly started to bucket down on the Merc like bullets falling from the sky. The view of the old park was then blurred by the heat of the warm luxurious car and by pattering raindrops joining together. The rain spluttered like an old grumpy man coughing from a terrible illness. "Did anything happen in the park?" Bob asked. "Yes I remember it vividly," Charlie replied wiping condensation off the window.


By Ben



"It's still raining," I thought, "Why can't it stop?" We were on the M5 to Devon for our next holiday and I didn't think it would be a pleasant one, if the weather kept like this. The rain was pouring down the window like tears. I could hear it getting harder and harder on the roof. It was like being showered with bullets from above -like a war in the sky. I wish I was back in Spain. It hardly ever rains in Spain. Hang on, what happened in Spain? My mind began to wonder...


By Dean



As I glared out of my untidy bedroom window, I could see rain splashing down like giant tears. It sounded like terrible gunshots. It was dark and dull. I felt miserable and I wished it had been bright. Suddenly, I remembered the most amazing time of my life....


Walking along the smooth sandy shore, I could see the beautiful blue shining sea. The warm sand felt like comfy cushions beneath my feet. My nose was filled with the smell of the salty sea. The air was filled with happiness! The coconut trees were the giants looking after their home. It felt like a perfect location for an adventure.


By Belinda


No comments: