St Joe's Blog

St Joe's Blog

Wednesday 26 November 2008

Advent

Y5/6P have been looking at the Advent Wreath and discussing why it is made the way it is. The class then focused on the first week in advent and how, during that week, we are asked to look out for Jesus in our everyday lives. Below are examples of the writing produced following the discussions.

To See God
To see anyone, is to see God.
To walk outside, is to see God.
To see a pebble, is to see God.
To see a tree, is to see God.
To see the Wendy House in your garden, is to see God.
God is always with you.
(Ashley)

We can look for Jesus everyday, because we see Jesus in all the people who do good things for us. We should always keep him in our hearts. If you help someone, it's like you're helping Jesus. You might see Jesus in happiness, a good laugh. Today, I saw Jesus in my friend because, when I was upset, she lifted my spirit up a bit and she made me feel happy.
(Justyna)

To hear God is to laugh together.
To see God is to look into your heart.
To feel God is to feel kindness all around.
(Jack)

We look, not with our eyes but with our hearts. To look at Jesus is to look into your heart. Jesus is not visible, but we know when he is near. Each day he is with us in our hearts and our love.
(Elliott)

The Advent Wreath
There are three purple candles on an advent wreath,
The three purple candles are a sign of grief.

There is one candle coloured pink,
It makes you look forward and makes you think.

There is also a candle coloured white
Jesus, the light of the world- A beautiful sight.

The base of the wreath is always green,
The evergreen God, you have never seen.

The base is a circle
The unending love of Jesus and God's miracle.
(Anna)

We see Jesus when we meet someone. We see Jesus in our hearts. We see Jesus in our friends. We see Jesus in our Mum, Dad and Grandparents. We see Jesus in happiness. In smiles. There is Jesus in laughter. We see Jesus in everybody. Today, I saw Jesus when someone helped me. I saw Jesus in my teacher. I saw Jesus in kindness. I saw Jesus when my mum got me breakfast. We see Jesus everyday, every night and everywhere.
(Oliver)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Y56P

You writing shows an amazing understnading of the meaning of advent. Beautiful!

Mr. Condon

Anonymous said...

i like elloit and jack.