St Joe's Blog

St Joe's Blog

Friday 21 November 2008

A celebration of learning

Year 2 celebrated their learning today. With help from the microphone, the children told the rest of the school about some of the activities and skills they had learned during their 'Food' topic last term. These included tasting, cooking and using kitchen utensils, creating a menu using Microsoft publisher, creating fruit faces in the style of Giuseppe Acrimboldo in real life and on the computer, using shape and tone to draw vegetables and bottles. It was amazing to hear about all the learning that had taken place in just 1 term!

I spoke to some of the Year 2 children afterwards about the skills and activities in the topic. Here is what they said:
Mikenagh
"My best skill I learned was how to mind map."

Ruby
"My favourite bit was making the fruity face."

Nadia
"I enjoyed making the fruity face on the computer."

Anique
"I liked walking to the park for a picnic."

Joe
"I found making 3D food packages fun but hard."

Lewis
"The hardest part of the topic was writing open questions to ask Zoe, the school cook."

No comments: